Look it up

Google
 

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I passed my Basic Theory Test for Driving!

I passed! I passed! Yesterday I went to take the Basic Theory Test for driving in SG. If you have a Msian driving license, you can still drive SG, provided you have not worked more than 6 months.

I've been here for a year, which makes me illegible. So, I needed to convert my Msian drving license to a SG driving license. All I need to do, was to take a Basic Theory Test, which is similar to MY's Undang-undang Jalan Test.

Here in SG, you are not required to go for any courses; you can, if you want (don't waste your money). All you need to do is buy the book for SGD3.00 and you can self-study. They even sell question and answers books(past years questions, no doubt) for you to practice (it's like taking my SPM exam).

Anyway, it's a paperless EXAM. You do the EXAM on a touch screen monitor. You answer 50 questions in 50 minutes. You need to get minimum 45 correct answers. It's conducted in English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil, whichever you prefer. Once you have completed, the monitor tells you immediately if you pass or fail.

I have not gotten the license yet. I still need to go to JPJ (MY) to get a letter and go to the SG's traffic police counter to get the license.

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, NO, I am not buying a car. Just getting the license just in case I need to drive.

No comments: