Look it up

Google
 

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Check your blood pressure

The last time I was back in Malaysia, I checked by blood pressure (I have the equipment at home). At that time, I registered a rather reading on the high side. My mom said it could be because I had been running around the whole day.

I did not want to take things for granted. So I wanted to go for a check up when I got back to SG (coz medical's covered by the company in SG). It just so happens that when I got back, I came upon a demonstration in a shopping mall to check blood pressure.

Check what your level is

If it's free, you gotta queue

They were selling this machine where you put your arm in and the machines reads your blood pressure. The machine's rather bulky as you can see, and it's not cheap as well. That's why there is another smaller handheld version for roughly half the price.

But the machine's not the key topic here. Luckily my reading was still normal, 120/80. Made me feel relieved. Otherwise, I would have to watch my diet, sleep earlier and exercise more. That's another issue.

A few word of advice to all of you. With the pressure of work and the lifestyle we live (mostly because we eat too much and exercise too little), some of us may have high blood pressure, but we may not even know it. Some of us may have hypertension. It don't matter whether you are 20, 30 or even 50.

I suggest that once in awhile, we should check our blood pressure. You may go to the clinic and ask the doctor to measure (if your company covers the bill). Otherwise you can buy a handheld machine and try it at home. You can probably get a cheap one for less than RM100.

Or you can go to the shopping malls and see if there's any demonstration and you can try it for free. You may try out the Osim or Ogawa shops, I think they have the equipment, and they would probably be willing to help, if you tell them you are interested in a machine of theirs.

Honestly, look after yourselves. Still watch your diet. Stop watching so much TV or reading too much blogs. Get your big fat a** up and do some exercise.

No comments: