Look it up

Google
 

Monday, October 1, 2007

Donut Factory

One thing I have learnt in Singapore is that where ever there is good food, people will queue for it, no matter how long. There is a new crave in Singapore, for donuts. And there is one leader in this new craze called Donut Factory. I think there are 2 branches in SG, Raffle's City and Suntec City.

Donut Factory Outlet


Let me share my experience with you. I came upon it by chance in Raffle's City. The first time I was there was at 7pm, there were 2 long queues. I was thinking, "What the heck are these people queueing for? Free food?"

The 2nd time I was there, it was 6.30pm, I tried to queue, at the persistence of my wife of course. But was told the queue was closed (luckily).

The 3rd time, at the persistence of my wife again, I went there after work. Arrived at 6.00pm, I went straight to the queue. The queue was not too long, so I thought "Great, I arrived early." Suddenly, a girl came up to me and said, "I'm sorry sir. The queue closed 30 mins ago."

"What! It's only 6pm and they close at 9pm." I thought.

Anyway, I left and passed by around 8pm. The queue was still there!!! People had been queueing for 2 hours!, for donuts!!!

Another time, I was there during the weekend. Arrived at 10am this time. There was already a queue, but the shop was not open yet! I found out the shop opens at 11.30am. So I came back at 11.45am just to see how the queue was. OMG!!! There were 3 queues!!! Can you imagine!

Anyway, on Saturday, I came upon this branch in Suntec City and was explaining the situation to Douglas, when suddenly my wife said, "Hey, the queue is not long here, why don't you queue?" Great suggestion.

It starts here


The queue in front of me (trust me, this is short)

The queue in front of the shop

At last, after half an hour of queueing, it was my turn. Luckily I started early. The queue got longer by the minute. Anyway, got half a dozen donuts, all with different toppings and fillings, for SGD7.00. I queued 30mins for 6 donuts. That's 5mins per donut.

Anyway, we passed by again an hour later. The queue was still there. In cantonese, there is a saying, They have never eaten donuts in their previous life (Chin Sai Mei Sik Ko Donut).

These people must really like donuts

Well, we stuffed ourselves with the donuts just before dinner. TBH, the donuts were good, really good. The dough was easy to bite and not powdery. A few bites and you swallow it easily. Donuts made to perfection. Reccommended for donut lovers.

But if you ask me to queue for 30mins again, I'll say never mind.

No comments: