Look it up

Google
 

Monday, September 17, 2007

Ratatouille (rat-a-too-ee)


My wife and I went to watch Ratatouille with Ian and May at Vivo City on Saturday night. I had heard some raving reviews from a lot of people. Ratatouille is from Pixar and after success with Toys Story and A Bug's Life, this should not be too bad.

It started out with a short animation about a alien trainee taking a test to abduct humans. Short but sweet. The cinema was filled with laughter.

On to the movie, needless to explain; I think most of you have read about the movie, most would have seen it before me; but I will just go on. It is about a rat who loves to cook and how he found his way into a famous French restaurant in Paris, of course, and how he team up with a young boy in the kitchen to make magnificent dishes.
Kudos to Pixar for the great animation. Together with Disney, they always manage to make the film as heartwarming and attractive to the viewers. Typically, you have the good guys and of course some bad hats that are trying to make life hard for the heroes.

Although it was really good, but somehow the thought of a rat cooking still send shivers. Pixar made Remy, the rat that cooks, looks cleaner and cuter. But after watching movies of dirty rats in the sewers or rats in the rubbish, the idea of a rat cooking is still hard to accept.

But overall, it was a good movie. Had a good laugh. Been some time since I saw a cartoon in the cinema. I would say worth the money I paid for the tickets.

No comments: