Look it up

Google
 

Friday, September 14, 2007

Overpaid Items

I've been resisting from writing about this for a week. But there's still reports coming out telling how much have been wasted. The issue at hand is the Auditor-General's report on the government's usage of money.

The first article I read was in the Star. Would you believe how unbelieveable it sounds? Paying RM224 for a set of screwdrivers, RM5,700 for a jack! I mean, maybe you can overprice a project by 5% because there's too much too look at, but paying something this outrageous for simple items like this. Totally ridiculous.

Anyone wants a screwdriver?

The people involved may claim ignorance. But does it sound logical to you? Are we that naive? If they claim they don't know the prices, it shows how close the government is to the current issues and to the people.

What makes things worse is that if it really is ignorance, then we really have to worry when THESE people are the ones RUNNING the country. Then I would really be scared.

I think maybe I'll go into business. Maybe I can start supplying items to the Ministries. Anyone interested in an ergonomic broom? It's a broom wrapped with rubber grip at the handle. Allows the user to get a better grip and sweeps comfortably. One unit goes for the price of RM5,000. Anyone interested can email me.

No comments: